Wednesday 1 February 2012

Oranges, Broken baskets and Sobeys

First and foremost my apologies to my local Sobeys! I meant to grab just 2 items but got caught off guard with all the great deals. Instead, I loaded my little basket and just on my way to the checkout *SNAP* the handle broke and my soon-to-be groceries flew everywhere! So embarrassing!

With that out of the way;
Last night I ran on a mission to grab 2 things! *BAM* right there is display that I just can't pass up. 8lb bag of oranges for $3.99. I had to have it! They seemed like a good deal and would hopefully help stave off some winter colds!

Fast forward to the following day:
I pulled them out of the bag counting only 9. Holy cow! 9 oranges/ 8 lb bag = every orange is close to a pound!


Compared to my travel mug it's big but compared to an onion it looks like it should be called Giant!



Problem- I am not an "orange" person. I don't detest them but I won't go out of my way to eat them. I buy them occasionally an feed them to the Mr. and to the kids but won't eat them myself. (unless they are the clementines that come out at x-mas time then I gobble them all up!)

Well I knew I couldn't make the kids eat a pound of orange for breakie. So, being a good role model I put some on my plate too and for the first time ate an orange and loved it!



That was the bag and brand of these delicious Giants aka oranges! If you find them be sure to pick them up for orange and non orange lovers alike!

S.L Gal

PS Sobeys I truly am sorry about your basket but forever on I will get a buggy!

PPS I am pretty sure your sale on 8lb bags of giant oranges caused my basket to break!

No comments:

Post a Comment