Wednesday 1 February 2012

First ever: Eye Of A Round Roast

On my disaster of a shopping trip I picked up an eye of a round roast. I have been looking looking at several sites for an easy recipe. I have came across quite a few that says to cook it at a high temp for little while, turn the oven off, keep the door closed for 2 1/2 hours and then it should be done.

Well here it goes. It will either turn out tough and chewy or superbly yummy. I am hoping for the latter!


UPDATE: The roast was good, not great. It was done perfectly but the down side was that it was cold. Sitting in an oven for 21/2 hours, I figured it would come out at least warm but nope it was cold. Blahhhhch. I prefer my food to come out piping hot as I serve everyone first and clean up a bit before I sit down to eat. So lesson learned, the recipe didn't work for me. Not saying that it doesn't work period as everyones ovens are different, just that mine didn't.

No comments:

Post a Comment