Tuesday 3 January 2012

Canadian Winter-Outside Is Not An Option

The Sun Is Deceiving!

Brrrrr!!!! I was freezing. The thermostat was registering at 18.8C. I cranked it to 25. An hour late it was hovering around 19. All I could think was the gas bill is going to be way up if this continued. It was time to double up (create heat using another source but while doing something else productive) In this case it was baking!
Real Butter (no New Years Diet for me!)
1/2 hour to prep. 2 kids and myself a mess and banana muffins were baking for breakfast. Finished our regular morning routine then I threw together a soup for lunch, letting it simmer and hopefully creating more heat. Also started on a loaf of bread to have with our dinner. Again, why pay for gas just to heat when you can pay the electric bill to heat and bake!?!

I do not classify myself as a chef nor a baker. This is what you do when it's freezing in the house, your trying to save money and going outside is not an option! Welcome to Canadian Winter!

No comments:

Post a Comment