Saturday 21 January 2012

Pasta Plus Innisfil Review

First time we drove there we didn't actually go in and have dinner. We pulled up, looked at it and assumed it wasn't going to be great. We drove away. Biggest mistake!

I found a WagJag ad for dinner and decided to try it. At least this time if it was bad I didn't end up paying full price.That night I told the family we were going out for dinner but not where we were going. When we arrived the Mr. was grumbling and the kids wanted to go elsewhere. But it was love at first bite! Long story short we are repeats and this is why:

Food- Food is QUICK (so easy to feed a grumbling husband and two hungry impatient children!)

  • Pasta sauce is from scratch and delicious! Best sauce ever and I love lots of sauce and that's what you get (unless you like less than I suggest a heads up to them when you order!) 
  • Lasagna nights are Friday/Saturday- cheesy meaty and the portion is out of control! (enough for two or if you don't want to share you have lunch the next day!)
  • Veal sandwich- ohhh so good especially with hot peppers!!
  • Chili-a little spicy but it won't burn your mouth. Served with a cute little bun and fresh green onion on top. Sooo delish! Excellent on a chili night!
  • Gelato- it's part of the reason I keep going back and who knew I would end up loving banana the best! (yes I admit I have tried all the flavours- vanilla, strawberry, banana, hazelnut, some type of B chocolate that I can't spell and lemone (pronounced leh-moh-neigh)
  • Coffee & drinks- latte, espresso, cappuccino, and a fridge stocked with all different kids of water, juice and pop including glass bottled Coke!
 
Owners/Staff-BEST.STAFF.EVER. hands down. I have been to a gazillion restaurants and this by far has to be #1.  greatest bunch of people who treat you like family, hard working and always smiling/laughing. Whether coming or going you are always acknowledged.
 
95 %Kid-friendly-I never worry about having to sush them or if they make a mess. Here they can just be and the staff are amazing to them. Also, I never have to worry about inappropriate content being discussed by staff as we have had with other restaurants. Only downside they don't have a highchair yet but they do have boosters.
 
Relaxing- Not upscale but not a fast food joint either.  Comparable to being in a good friends house or a family member.

Noise level-Moderate level of noise with open kitchen concept but not over the top.

Decor- simple yet stunning- I love the tiled floor, choice of paint colour is inviting and chairs are comfortable.

Restrooms- ever heard the saying "you can tell the state of the kitchen by the bathroom's cleanliness?" well their bathrooms are squeaky clean.

Wether you go for dinner, desert or just for coffee this is definitely an A+++ restaurant.

(This is my first restaurant review so I hope I covered everything. I will be sure to take lots of pictures next time I go and also review their pizza! (ordering a couple for my daughters birthday!)

No comments:

Post a Comment